Just in time for Valentine's Day. Ponzi Vineyards will be setting the table for a food and wine filled night to remember.
Taste your way to becoming proficient in selecting the perfect wine for any meal. Learn the tricks of the trade from Culinary Director, Thomas Ghinazzi, as you explore Ponzi wines and vintages expertly paired with a variety of seasonal dishes.
This popular evening is topped off with the release of the Ponzi Pinot Noir Rosé & Rosé magnums. Join us for a fun, festive, and elegant dining experience in the heart of Oregon's wine country.
As a thank you for continuing to enjoy Ponzi wines, we want you to be the first to know the 2014 Ponzi Sparkling Brut Rosé has been bottled and 10 cases are being made available to our favorite people. When it’s gone, it’s gone− until it’s official release in April.
We can’t wait for you to pop the cork on this limited production, 70% Pinot noir, 30% Chardonnay sparkling brut rosé.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Is the fork on the left or the right? Where do the dessert utensils go? When it comes to the holidays, it's fun to dress things up a bit. For tips on how we would set the table for a formal dinner party, watch this quick 2 minute video.
Many Ponzi magnums and specialty cuvées are finished with wax. Learn how to open these bottles safely. All you need is a cork puller, a strong hand and a bit of confidence.
1. Soak the clay pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes
2. Rinse the chicken in cold water and lay it on a clean cloth to dry.
3. In a well-soaked clay pot, layer the chicken breasts, sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper and tarragon. Pour wine over the chicken.
4. Place the top on the clay pot, and put it in the center of a cold oven.
5. Turn the heat to 480°F and bake for 70 minutes.
6 Carefully remove the very hot pot from the oven.
7. Arrange the chicken in a warm serving bowl.
8. Make sauce by straining the liquid from the clay pot into a saucepan. Heat just to boil, reduce heat, and stir in arrowroot to thicken. Adjust seasonings.
9. Arrange the chicken with whole sprigs of tarragon (if you’re fortunate to have a plant outside the kitchen), or garnish with some of the sauce and a sprinkle of tarragon. Surround the chicken with roasted or boiled colorful vegetables, or broiled tomatoes and grains such as farro, wild rice, or rice pilaf. Serve additional sauce at the table.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Add the bacon fat to a large casserole pan and place over medium-heat on the stovetop.
3. When the fat is hot, add the onions and garlic, sautéing briefly until translucent.
4. Add the sauerkraut, Riesling, chicken stock, bay leaves, thyme, juniper berries, and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Remove the mixture to a bowl and set aside.
6. Arrange the ham hocks, bacon, and smoked ham in the bottom of the casserole and top with the sauerkraut mixture, spreading evenly. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
7. Remove from the oven, top with the sausages, cover, and bake again until sausages are done, approximately 30 minutes.
8. Serve with an assortment of mustards.
Deliver the gift of wine with a little panache. We have a limited supply of wooden gift boxes handcrafted in Oregon, available for magnums, single bottles and customized sets of 2, 3, and 6. Pick and choose your wine to create a gift perfectly tailored to the wine lover in your life.
Need a little help? Here are a few of our favorite combinations to guide you in your gift-giving this holiday season. From the collector to the chef to the ultimate wine critic, Ponzi has you covered.
for the love of PinoT– A DUO of Pinot Noir
A six-pack of award winners for the wine critic
2015 Ponzi Abetina Pinot Noir 95 points Tasting Panel ($105)
2014 Ponzi Pinot Noir Reserve 96 points Wine Enthusiast ($65)
2014 Ponzi Classico Pinot Noir 96 points Wine Report Online ($43)
2014 Ponzi Aurora Chardonnay 94 points Wine & Spirits ($63)
2014 Ponzi Chardonnay Reserve 93 points Wine Enthusiast ($40)
2014 Ponzi Old Vine Pinot Gris 93 points Wine Enthusiast ($38)
Browse our extensive selection of large format cuvées.